Thank you for joining us at the nation’s only dedicated Sparkling Wine and Champagne Festival, BUBBYFEST By the Sea in beautiful Pismo Beach, California! We are delighted to have you join us as our guests. Below is what you’ll need to know for a fun and bubbly weekend.
The recent resurgence of sparkling wine consumption has inspired the creation of the nation’s only dedicated sparkling wine festival. BUBBLYFEST by the Sea will take place in the scenic, seaside town of Pismo Beach this October 24 - 26, 2014, featuring more than 35 domestic and international producers of “bubbly” in a weekend-long festival. Highlights include a Gatsby-themed cocktail mixer, a workshop on how to saber a bottle and a Sunday Funday Champagne brunch.
BUBBYFEST by the Sea is produced by Create Promotions, and Event Production Company owned by Holly Holliday in San Luis Obispo. For more information on Create Promotions: www.CreatePromotions.com
We take our Social Media as seriously as we take our bubbly:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, October 24th, 2014 | Media Trade Tasting Event at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
· Taste from 16 Sparkling Wines, including top California and Oregon Producers.
3:00 PM - Check-in with On the Horizons Communications at the oceanfront terrace
5:00 PM - Media Trade Tasting event ends
Friday, October 24th, 2014 | Gatsby Themed Cocktail Party at Dolphin Bay
· Mosby Winery will pour their Garden-to-Glass Signature cocktail, Bangkok Bubbles: Mint, basil, lemongrass, Serrano chili, lime zest, cucumber, English cucumber, and of course, Mosby Winery's Stelline di Cortese!
· Brewer-Clifton will pour their 3-D Chardonnay Blanc de Blanc in a French 75 (gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, bubbles) – a classic Prohibition-style French cocktail
· Appetizers include Oysters in the half-shell, Tandoori Chicken, Wild Mushroom Tartlets, and Bruschetta
6:00 PM - Check-in with On the Horizons Communications at the front entrance of The Dolphin Bay Resort, to the left of the Valet Station (Media by Invitation Only)
8:00 PM – Event ends
Saturday, October 25th, 2014 | Grand Tasting at SeaCrest
· Photo Booth by Kramer Events with Instagram Integration: use #bubblyfest when posting an Instagram Photo, for a free print of your picture.
· Man Cave featuring Miller High Life (The Champagne of Beers), The Libertine Wild Ales, Video Games, and Sofas.
· Champagne Cocktails by The Sidecar in San Luis Obispo
10:30AM – Media check in begins at Media Check In table. Located at the entrance of the festival. 12:00PM – Doors open with a Ceremonial Saber by Adam Montiel, Host of KRUSH 92.5’s “Cork Dorks”
1:30PM – Q&A with Steve Clifton, Winemaker for Brewer-Clifton and Palmina on the Oceanfront Terrace
2:30PM – Stop! Saber Time. Workshop facilitated by Adam Montiel of KRUSH 92.5’s “The Cork
Dorks” featuring speakers Jenna Congdon and Neil Roberts, Winemaker for Clavo Cellars on the Oceanfront Terrace.
4:00PM – Festival Ends
Sunday, October 26, 2014 | Sunday Funday at The Lido at the Dolphin Bay Resort
(Media by invitation only)
· Special Pouring of Flying Goat Cellar‘s 2011 Cremant for all guests
· Special BUBBLYFEST only Menu by Chef Jacob Moss includes Buckwheat Pancakes
with Caviar Creme Fraiche, Shrimp Salad, and Fresh Berries.
· Music by Dan Curcio of Moonshiner Collective
10:00AM Media Check In begins in The Coastal Room at The Lido Restaurant inside The Dolphin Resort and Spa
12:00PM Event ends
Want more Bubbly?
Please join us at our BUBBLYFEST Pop Up events in San Francisco and Los Angeles in Spring/Summer 2015, and for the 2nd Annual BUBBLYFEST by the Sea to be held September 2015 in Pismo Beach, CA.
Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa: Free parking is available at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa on a first come, first serve basis. Free Valet Parking is also available. Free overflow parking is available on Spyglass Dr. and Ebb Tide Ln. SeaCrest Resort: SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel: Please respect our Venue’s Hotel Guests and utilize these parking options. (Or better yet, grab an Uber!) Free Parking is available at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel on a first come, first serve basis. There is also limited free parking available in the residential streets surrounding the hotel. Overflow free parking is also available at the Bank of America (located at the corner of Price St. and Dolliver/PCH 1). There is also free parking available at a small dirt lot located on Price St./PCH 1 across the street from the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. PLEASE use the cross walk located at Mattie Rd. to cross the street. For new Uber users, please use the code: Bubblyfest for $15 off your ride.